Duolingo partners with CLEAR Global to develop inclusive language solutions
The world’s #1 language learning app supports inclusion with CLEAR Global
Garden City, ID, USA, December 19, 2023 – CLEAR Global is excited to announce Duolingo’s donation to support language inclusion this holiday season.
Duolingo, the world’s number one way to learn a language, shows its commitment to supporting vital language inclusion efforts with a generous gift to CLEAR Global and TWB.
CLEAR Global, the international nonprofit, and TWB, the world’s largest community of language volunteers, are committed to helping people get vital information and be heard, whatever language they speak. With Duolingo’s support, the organization and its nonprofit partners will be able to reach more marginalized communities with innovative, locally relevant language technology and information solutions. Together, we’re enabling more effective humanitarian response, sustainable progress, and equitable development.
Every year, CLEAR Global launches its end-of-year campaign to raise awareness and funds for our vital work. This year’s theme, “Speak up for language inclusion,” celebrates the diversity of 7000 languages worldwide, and advocates for everyone’s right to access vital information, services, and opportunities. We are speaking up for marginalized communities, the people most affected by climate disasters and unequal access to health care. With this campaign, CLEAR Global is set to empower more people to make their voices heard.
CLEAR Global’s solutions for inclusion and accessibility:
- Improving access to vital information, services like healthcare, and creating channels for people to make their voices heard, with innovative chatbots and groundbreaking machine translation technology;
- Voice technology solutions – enabling people to ask questions and get answers in languages and formats they understand
- Multilingual glossaries for people in Bangladesh, Ukraine, and beyond, with over 200 health, mental health, and safeguarding terms translated in over 40 languages;
- Audio and sign language video translations promote inclusion, ensuring we include everyone in the conversations that matter to them;
- Our digital information gateway, Kompas helps people affected by war in Ukraine;
- Expert research, advocacy and guidance promotes dignity and agency for people affected by crisis
- Learn more at clearglobal.org
Support this vital work:
If you’d like to donate to support marginalized communities, please visit clearglobal.org/donate/
To get involved and support your community as a language volunteer, sign up at translatorswithoutborders.org/join-the-twb-community/
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning platform and the most downloaded education app worldwide. The app makes learning new languages fun with bite-sized lessons that feel like playing a game. The company’s mission is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. Duolingo offers over 100 total courses across 42 distinct languages, from Spanish, French, German and Japanese to Navajo and Yiddish.
About CLEAR Global
CLEAR Global is a leading nonprofit helping people get vital information and be heard, whatever language they speak. With innovative language technology solutions, research, and a community of over 100,000 people, CLEAR Global supports partner organizations working in various contexts around the world. CLEAR Global is set to improve global communication and information access for marginalized people.
For media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about CLEAR Global’s work at https://clearglobal.org/