0 + mil.
In the past 10 years, we’ve:
- helped millions of people access information they need and can understand,
- built multilingual language technology, such as conversational AI chatbots, to provide people who speak marginalized languages with accurate and reliable health and safety information,
- researched sociocultural, information, and communication needs of those most affected by global issues, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, conflicts and climate change,
- provided language support and resources to local and international organizations, so they can better help people in need – and achieved so many other things!
Just between 2021 and 2022, we:
- built and launched Shehu, a multilingual conversational chatbot, to answer over 5,000 people’s health questions in northeast Nigeria,
- translated over 7 million words of COVID-19 information into over 106 languages,
- created resources for humanitarians to learn how to better address the issues and concerns of people experiencing hardships in northeast Nigeria,
- studied the culture, language, and information needs of the Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh for community and humanitarian aid workers to better understand the local context and respond to people’s information needs,
- designed a glossary for WFP Community Engagement that also includes terms in sign languages,
- developed training materials for, humanitarian interpretation and interpretation and sensitive topics,
- created training programs for the TWB community to help them learn about translation tools and platforms, machine translation, and post-editing,
- launched the Global Language Data Review, an interactive tool for planners to make their programs and services more linguistically inclusive,
- developed a PSEA glossary with 208 terms into 29 languages to help humanitarians and interpreters better understand and communicate with people in various contexts,
- translated over 1 million words as part of our Ukraine response, which also includes free language support to organizations helping people affected by the crisis, language resources, and more.
Thanks to generous people like you. Help us continue our work and do more.
Make a bigger impact – give monthly.